Friday, September 20, 2019

Friday’s Finds......


I just now went out to take photos for this blog. It was so hot and super humid that I didn’t get many photos that were in focus.  I had to keep drying off the moisture on the lens. It just kept fogging back to cause the focus to be bad. The painted ladies are everywhere as they have been all summer. I was at the old place this morning and a migration of monarchs was flying through.  I didn’t have my camera and they were a scattered migration.  You could see dozens of them in places and they were busy feeding and resting.  We use to have larger numbers of them fly through.

I had two plants of this volunteer sunflower. The largest one is now laying down in the zinnias.  Its steam apparently can’t handle any wind. From past experience there is not a way to save it if I straightened it back and put a post next to it.  It will now die.  This shorter one is all I have for show now.

I had some comments about these yesterday.  This kind is a pear shaped, small tomato. They turn a yellow and they are sweeter than a red cherry tomato.  I have two other cherry tomatoes and one of them is yellow and the other is red. I can tell that I should be able to get these to ripen and eat them.  The plant did come up from last years fruit on the ground.










I brought this in and the vase is not narrow enough for it to look good. I thought I would take another inside shot, not know that my outside shot was the best. This is in the sunroom. My wife is now using it as a studio and I am glad.  She though she was taking it over but it fits to have an artist out there working in the north light. We have the other have with seating so it all works great.

Della has finished this painting it turned out great.  This was the image before things got darker and more dramatic.  I will share that later. We do have to air condition out there but it doesn’t take the unit only a few minutes to take the temperatures down.  I mentioned earlier that it is so humid to day and the temps are going to be high again.

A project that has not been worked on.  I still have not moved this sansivera into a bigger pot and I have not started placing the pavers you see  in the background.  I mowed all morning at the old place.

Thanks for checking in on me today.  I hope you all are doing well.  Until tomorrow......







I keep forgetting to mention that our granddaughter called us a day ago and we got to see her on FaceTime. Ella is four months old and she doesn’t like seeing the screen.  It ended up being us seeing our sweet granddaughter being sung to by her father.  She loves to hear him sing the songs and she ignored her fear of   people on the screen. Our son was a great jazz band trumpet player and his singing is just as good.



1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ella is growing up! Good that you get to see her on Facetime:)