Monday, September 2, 2019

Monday....


Early morning and the fluff of clouds is all that we have.  A few hours later and we are clouded over covering the sun.


The earliest morning shot shows the few clouds partially blocking the sun.  My old tree with the dead branch gives me the true east marker.

The bonsai tree has put out a few blooms.  That should help me to identify the kind of tree that it is. I have a couple of books to look through to see if I can identify it. The container gets to be moved a lot as we don’t keep the sunroom cooled so I bring it in and out a lot.

When I don’t keep the feeder filled the sparrows get desperate and try eating at the finch feeder. I have too few goldfinches so the seed doesn’t get eaten. I have had to hang the feeder out on the eave trough as my metal railing isn’t good for such things anymore.
Rather than trying to cling to the mesh sides the sparrows jus land on the tray.  It is too small for them but they cling onto it anyway.

I can collect a few books and look through them to see if I want to buy them.  These two were not purchased.  The pottery person doesn’t finish up the pots with much good craftsmanship. The other book deceived me as I didn’t realize they were making small library cupboards in which people can get a book and share a book. I did like the small shed that it showed which could be used of garden tools, rakes and hoes.  Over a cup of coffee one can really check them out before deciding to buy.
A couple of others that I considered.  Having just made a smaller raised bed I check out the one that was on the cover.  The benches look like a good idea for an old guy to sit on while planting and harvesting. I like the photo magazines but those people seem to go to more exotic places that I do. My wife did buy three magazines that day which will be good resources for her artwork.





We don’t have any big plans for today. My neighbor next door must have been bored as he just mowed his yard again.  We are having a cloudy day with dull light.  The photo shown to the right was one take a few days ago with the clouds putting out strange forms.  I wish everyone to have a good day.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I always feel sorry for the sparrows, and try to include them when feeding, my husband calls them "those darn English sparrows".
Lovely shots of the sky, who would imagine a monster is lurking out there...
~Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

Interesting Bonsai! I think our Gold Finches are getting ready to leave they are really eating:)

Laurel Wood said...

Pretty clouds. Your bonsai tree is looking good. I do wonder what type it is.
Most of my reading is blogs but occasionally I like gardening or bird magazines.