Thursday, September 26, 2019

Thursday's Here.......


I found one last cone flower blooming in the backyard. I have some spent ones with faded colors but this one looks like a new bloom.


Here is another shot of the new clematis bloom.  It looks better without the button weed plant intertwined with the vine. I planted this in late spring and it did take off and grow a long vine. I like the color of it.  My white clematis is not doing so good but it seemed that it didn't like our heat during the late summer.

I planted the dahlia early summer with blooms already on it.  I deadheaded it but just now in late September I am getting more buds and this one bloom. I will dig this in late fall and try to get it growing again in the spring.
The tomatoes are trying to take over the show but what I wanted to show was the yellow onions that I grew.  I didn't get them in the ground soon enough but they are still good at this size.  The can be somewhat hot but when sliced thinly they taste great on hamburgers. When I get inspired I will pull them and tie them together for later use.


This is an older shot to illustrate what I was doing this morning. I have placed eight of these pavers onto the ground.  Actually I had to raise the ground level with dirt and then use paver mix.  The whole thing will be level with the existing concrete slab. It is above ground and the pavers have to be brought up to the same level so we can walk across the area easily. I am not half way done but it is a third.  I think there are twenty four that will be put down when I am done.  One is left out because of at support post.  I could plant flowers around the post. I did the math and there are eleven to go. I may get this done before winter.

I have a couple of late blooming phlox.  They have held on for a long time but some of the blooms are starting to fall, one at a time actually.

It is Thursday already. Where is the time going? I seem to be watching everything fly by me.  Thanks for stopping by today.
I bought some car siding for the old place.  I will share later what the project is gong to be.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your flowers are still blooming heartily, it's Fall but the weather still feels like summertime.
I've always loved Coneflowers, they are so welcome in my little garden. Yours are beautiful !
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to see see flowers blooming in your garden, Larry. Hole the rest of the paving project goes well. Looking forward to reading about the mystery project later.