Thursday, September 5, 2019

Thursdays Things.....


The red with white edging is very striking and the all red ones make it a pretty border.  The zinnias seem to be doing well and don’t show any signs of shutting down for winter.

The red twig dogwood is turning its leaves by allowing a branch at a time to turn yellow.  Not all of the but they act like they have been damages but they haven/t.
When you but this style of grill brush, you will like it.  You won’t like it when you heat it up while is sits on the top shelf inside the grill.  I think I can still use it but I am n to sure that the steel wool pad will discount from the melted handle.
I was out working a couple of days ago and I noticed that my chipmunk likes to eat the seeds from the hibiscus.  He was crawling around and bitting the spent buds off of the stems.

I have the volunteer tomato almost ready to bear sweet pear shaped tomatoes.  I watched for it to come up and I did nurture it as much as I could keeping it watered.  They are left over from the original owner who had them apparently growing there two seasons ago.

I bought pavers today to create a partial patio under the deck.  I haven’t got the design figured out yet but I am planing to just lay them out for n ow and deal with the leveling with sand in at the end of the season or next spring. I also trimmed back all the sprouts from the base of my large pussywillow tree. I am n to sure that I like that shrub as a tree and am thinking in a couple of years I will hire people to come and take it away. The spring bloom is wonderful but then it sprouts out a truck full of branches at the base by fall.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I wish everyone to be well today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for volunteer tomatoes! :)