Thursday, August 26, 2021

Butterflies and Drawers.......


 

I went out to photograph a monarch butterfly that I had seen at a distance.  When I arrived two monarchs were having a disagreement, which I have never witnessed before.  Eventually the fighting two flew off and two larger ones showed up on the scene.  

 


 Once I had tried to get some side viewed shots of the monarchs one of them started to show off. They normally eat with their wings closed but sometimes they open and close their wings while eating. 




The final coat is on and has dried for a whole day. I am ready to bring it upstairs.  I discussed it with my wife asking if I were going to be able to bring it upstairs and she was surprised I had not asked sooner. 


Since you can't use water to clean wood I have hand rubbed these drawers oh so many time to be sure they are cleaned up. 



This will be the last view you of a partial unassembled chest. The next shot will be of it all together in the upstairs living area.  Because our upstairs is one big room we might be putting it in the dining room area.  It could also just end up in the entryway. 

 


We are getting good rains this Thursday.  It is going to be so good to catch up on some of our moisture.  This dahlia is doing well now because of the rains.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Love those Monarch photos!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those are some pretty Monarchs! That dahlia is so pretty it couldn't decide if it want to be dark pink or light pink! Your dresser will be oh so beautiful when you haul it upstairs!