Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday Afternoon.....


 

It is a world of roses at the bottom of our stairs. The yellow one has taken off with many blooms and the shorter one across the way has more blooms on it than I have ever seen before.  I also am busy with the killer spray to keep the Japanese beetles from eating everything to death.

 


 We heard thunder and lighting in a distance but we didn't have it in our area.  I did hear it rain in the night for a moment and my bird tray water shows less than an eighth of an inch of water.

 


My lone sunflower has started to bloom.  It has multiple heads so I will have more blooms.  It looks taller when I shoot a photo looking up.  It is tall but one can exaggerate it. 



Last years hardy geranium has come to life now that I have it more in the light.  I replanted it from a window box planter to this square one. 



I did see the sun shine through this in the morning but when I went to get the camera it had closed off. We have been overcast all day and the humidity is high again today.  I walked out and clipped some flowers to bring in and it really was not pleasant.  The State Fair starts soon so it will probably will heat up for that. The weather isn't a person but it does seem to have a personality to affect things traditionally. 

Monday is coming so have a good rest of your day. Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Ela said...

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous!
I admire your roses and sunflowers!
Greetings