Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday's Things.....


 That single seed gave me one sunflower with multiple heads of flowers.  It isn't like the mammoth sunflower with its giant head but it a bunch of small ones everywhere.


I dealt with one last move from the old place.  Three guys showed up at the garden shed and moved a potter's kin from the shed and put it in the truck. The story about the kiln is too long of a story to share today but it was my last trip to the old house.


The three guys dragged it on a sled-like device across the lawn  and then dragged it up into the truck. The photo shows that the driver was able to back that big truck into the driveway and they lifted it out of the truck via a ramp..  Here they have lifted it to the kiln stand that I had ready for them. The stand is on rollers so I can move it around in the garage for firing and also for putting it up in the corner for storage. More stories about this later.


We still are living with drought conditions.  These Susans are barely hanging in there.  I guess I need to water them again now that I am less busy.  I don't know if it will help some of my dead one in the front garden. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Like to hear more about that kiln.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So dry here too, even the brush in the wood is withering. Yeah for moving the kiln!! Looks like a big job!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

The Birds are picking our sunflowers clean. Yours looks more like a Tree! Our are thick, but short to the ground. I have been cutting them off so the birds don't get caught by the cats, who watch them intently as they pull out the seeds from the head. Looks like more dry days ahead.