Saturday, August 14, 2021

Saturday and Stuff....


 A clear sky is showing for us today. Cooler temps are sure welcomed. It will warm up to 81 degrees F.



Small roses are a treat on a small bush. It gets plenty of sun so I think it will neve grow to be any larger. 



The knock out roses are blooming but the drought really has slowed down the number of blooms.  It is about time to trim them back one more time for fall blooms.



It took me two days to get all of the plants into the garden.  I dug them at the old place.  I had old fashion iris, a day lily and a couple of lily bulbs. As I dug the holes in the clay soil I added good black potting soil to help them grow better. I am leaving the old place that was filled with Iowa black dirt everywhere.  If you would dig down a foot or so you could find clay though.


I got disgusted with my plastic hummingbird feeder.  It leaked everywhere and when it was tipped the fluid went all over the deck and me. I have yet to see a hummingbird feed there but it does look good.

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty roses! Glad you got your planting done!