Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Tuesday's Things......


 


 The morning was cloudy. The eventual opening of the clouds helped us to see sun. We have been having a lot of clear days so it was surprising to see so much in the sky.



The chest work is progressing.  The top has a new can of wood filler ready for me to apply in lots of holes on it.  At one time nails were used to hold the top to the base as the dowel connections had worn out.  Filler will be applied tomorrow and things will have to dry out before I can stain it. I have to figure out how I am going to attach the top now.  I should think I will not be using large nails.



Structural problems keep showing up as I work with this but the triple clamps are bringing it back together.  I found this problem when I was working with the opposite side. I discovered I could move parts in and out of their joints easily.  I put on more glue and clamped it. 



I have this barn door at the new place because I am thinking I will put a painting on it. This side showing is interesting as one can see its construction process.  The nails are too long when driven in from the front side and then they are clinch down with a hammer on the back side. It is all very orderly as they did the process of hammering down the excess nail.  It has a good brace to keep it from being a saggy door. 


It has been a busy day with unexpected things coming up for us. We too a quick trip to the realtors to sign a special paper for them.  We used the trip as a way to stop for a small amount of groceries.  I did work in the yard part of the morning putting down mulch among the flowers. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: