Friday, August 6, 2021

Good Weather Day.....


 I was sitting in the sun room and saw it flying in to the garden.  He was hungry as he stayed for a long time and did not leave while I went to get the camera.  There was a monarch out there that just would not land on any flower.  It landed a second on leaves of tree but then fluttered away. 



The rose is not a climber but it does grows through the rails making a good shot. The rain last night was so minimal but anything does help. 



The working on the chest of drawers frame this morning proved to be a challenge.  The back panel needed to be drawn back into the groove.  The piece is weathered and warped a bit but I did get it drawn back together, squeezed into its slot but not one hundred percent. The bead of glue was created to drain into the slot and dry and stick it together.  The more I work with this chest I can see it wasn't a finely made piece of furniture. 



The whole piece would probably could have been torn completely apart and then reassembled. but I think a lot of the side pieces would never ever fit together like new.  So I will reassemble the best that I can and hopefully it will stand all together and not fall apart anymore.



The zinnias can be a good draw for butterflies and yesterday I saw a gold finch out there.  I don't think that there is any seed yet but maybe it was looking for bugs. 


A slow Friday for me today as I wait for glue to dry.  I ran to the Ace hardware to get recycle bags for trimmed branches and weeds.  I will have to wait until I get all five bags filled before I can call for a pick up of them.  We are having nice temperatures today with a gentle breeze. 

Thanks for checking in today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The roses are awesome! Best of luck with your project! I sold several projects at my garage sale and was happy to see them go!