Saturday, August 28, 2021

Stuff for Saturday....


 

It is Saturday morning and one can hear the neighbor mowing his yard.  Another neighbor is cutting back his asparagus foliage. A third guy is weed eating around his mailbox posts.  It is hot already so most of them are getting the work done early in the morning.



The sedum is setting buds and getting ready to bloom.  It seems to be developing at different rates on each side.



I like Russian sage but it does not grow correctly for me.  I see people who have symmetrical plants with blooms and I do not have that.   It seems to put out stray branches and is lopsided. 



My seed from last year did grow this year at this end of the flower bed.  I saved the color from last  year and it really did grow for me.  I did see an article on the net on how to collect the seed.  I guess I should read it as I usually do by trial and error. 



The monarch also likes this color of zinnia. The Japanese beetles are only interested in my roses this year and are leaving the zinnias alone.  I spray every day to kill off the next batch of beetles. 



It is a quiet day here today as the swimming pool installation next door must be done.  We have heard machinery noises every day for five days.  Today it is quiet.  The trees block our view but I am assuming the concrete has been poured and they are waiting for it to dry.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Everyone is busy and you are enjoying your flowers!