Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Middle of the Week....


 

It seems to look like it is hanging there even though I know better.  I knew that it had moved into  a good position. The past two night it was aligned with a street light and I couldn't get a focus with that light shining brightly. It was now to the left of the street light and hanging in pure darkness.  I did have to move to avoid a tree.

 


 The pear shaped tomatoes are now starting to ripen. I ate this one right away after I took the shot.  It was a volunteer plant and I had to wait to see what variety of plant that it was.



I fixed the one slide that had fallen out of the chest of drawers.  It fit into a groove and was glued on one end.  A simple small nail was also there to keep it in place.   I reused that antique nail when I replaced it. 



The staining has begun.  I will try another coat of stain on that one shelf to see if it will darken it some more.  If not that is alright.  Walnut boards come in different shades of color and that one is a light walnut board.   I am not happy with the top of the chest of drawers but it does look better with stain.  There is too much history of abuse to the top that I can't cover up.  Put nails down onto the top to help it stay on worked I guess but then what a mess.  I also have places where a person had use filler to fill in gouges on the top.  



We are in the middle of two different events taking place right now. We have closing on our old place tomorrow and also we have a contractor meeting with us about shingling our house.  The closing is coming after a few days of turmoil with the abstract company and a bank who keeps bad records.  It is all settled now but what a mess with people who are irresponsible and don't do their jobs correctly.  We are looking forward to getting the sale completed now and we are also looking forward to getting a new roof.  We will be making mad dashes to a ten o'clock meeting tomorrow and then get home for an 11:00 meeting.  I may call the young man at eleven to let him know we might be late. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

 

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Love that moon shot!

Laurel Wood said...

This is a gorgeous shot of the moon. I bet the tomato was very tasty. The chest of drawers is really a pretty piece.

I am sorry about the difficulty with the closing of your old home. I hope now that it will go quickly and that the roofing at your new home goes smoothly.

Far Side of Fifty said...

WE love the yellow pear tomatoes:)