Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday Fun.....


 Yes, it is an outdoor toilet. I would wonder about it but I know what is happening over there.  The news of the neighborhood is that they are going to get a swimming pool.  I assume that there are enough workers on the job that they need an outhouse, kybo. 



My mowing person, guy, wasn't completely mowing at the back of my yard.  It bothered me so I would take my push mower and clean it up.  Yesterday he finally contacted me and said he doesn't mow into poison ivy.  I have treated it already with a home remedy poison and I did go to the Ace Hardware to get the real stuff.  Living in town made me ignore the vine growing there.  This place was built in a cornfield a while ago but I guess it was still holding the seed for it.  The saga of killing the ivy will continue. 

 

 

I found this leaf in the yard this morning while walking to the mailbox.  It is a sign of fall as it comes from my front yard trees. 

 


 

 I am happy with the results with this side of the chest of drawers.  I applied the stain to the thin, old finish and it blended in perfectly.  I had too many things going on this morning with the sale of the old place that I didn't actually get to work on it for very long.


We are having strong winds with a lot of heat right now.  It is the beginning of strong storms that we are to get this evening.  The wind really helps to dry out things while yet we have high humidity.  It is typical Iowa weather.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Funny how news travels in a neighborhood. I hope yu can get rid of the poison ivy. The finish on the chest of drawers is lovely.
Sending you a private email tonight.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Round up for Poison Ivy will kill it but you have to watch for it next year...darn birds carry the seeds:(
Your chest of drawers is turning out just beautiful! Hope the old house is a done deal soon