Saturday, August 21, 2021

Sat's Stuff......


 Early in the night we had thunder and lightning.  This proved to also give us rain as is evidenced in the bird seed tray.  It was much needed and the flower gardens all looked better this morning.

 

The morning glories were blooming after such a great rain.  I am sure the tomato plants were doing better with that added moisture.  I had been hand watering them. 


We had a tough wind yesterday so I had to stake up the sunflower.  I have steel fence poles and tapped one into the ground.  I had to dig through the shop to find some twine.  It is a good thing that I did because the rain would have dampened the ground and it would have been laying on the ground this morning. 


I have been too busy to put much time on this project but I did get the staining done after a few short work sessions. The light reflects off of the one piece in front.  It really is darker and it is a nice piece of walnut. 


The stain ran down when I was staining the side so I went ahead and stained the front corners of the chest. I really like old furniture because of the simple but well designed accent pieces.



I worked on the top this morning for a half an hour. I am happier with it as I used some artist oil paint to cover up the gouges that the previous owner had filled with filler.  The filler would not take a stain. I keep saying that this piece must have been used as a machine shop bench or maybe they threw it out of a two story window.  It was in such a mess construction wise. 

We went out to breakfast this morning to The Original Pancake Place to celebrated the sale of the old place.  It was not an easy sale and things just kept happening to hold up the sale.  It is now finished and we have utilities business to yet deal with and it will be finished.  We are out lock, stock and barrel.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That looks like beautiful wood!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That will be a really pretty dresser. So glad you are out of the old house lock stock and barrel:) It will be less stress for you now!! I hope!