Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thursday's a Done Day.......

 

The morning glow was great.  The sun was orange and yet when I shot this visual the skies looked orange. We had sun all day.  It is 88 degrees F. and won't cool down much in the night.

 


Because of the drought there are just as many dead-looking flowers as there are blooms. The good blooms look great thought.


 

I didn't get to work on my chest of drawers today.  We were signing off on our sale of our old house today.  We also were dealing with a nice contractor who shared his shingle wares.  My wife picked out our new shingle color and the process for a new roof is started. 

I am going to put stain on top of the sides of my chest.  I have never done this like that before as I usually strip off the old finish.  Tomorrow when I do the one side it will be an experiment.  If it looks good I will keep it.  If it doesn't look good I will get out the paint stripper and remove the old finish on the total base of the chest.  I would prefer to not have to strip the finish. 

 

 

I gave away tomatoes to strangers today.  I sort of know the guy who mows my yard but he was will to take a few of them.   I asked the young man who was walking around on my roof today if he would like some tomatoes.  He was very pleased to receive some.  I bagged them quickly and shared.  The mowing guy thinks I have poison ivy growing at my back fence area.  I am not so sure but I will spray it anyway, whatever vine it might be.  The housing area was a cornfield before they built houses. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a spectacular sunrise !
It was kind of you to share your tomatoes, they look delicious.
Jo