Saturday, February 3, 2024

Recorded Progress.....Melting.


 My barometer that I have for melting snow progress is my neighbor's snow bank.  It filled the front yard over there and as the warm weather it keeps shrinking. Year after year I have watch that guy's yard to think maybe spring is coming. 



I can watch the snow melt in my own yard too as that area is slowly shrinking.  The wind blows through the area and you can see where the biggest drift was created.

 


 These are really not photos of greatnes.  They are more informal shots of everyday happening. I do remember the top set of stepping stones were very hard work as I moved them from their diagonal location to the one you see new. It was hot while digging them out and digging new holes for them to be set into for a new path. Summer projects ban be so hard to do and then one soon forgets as the seasons change. 



In two different working sessions my wife and I have removed all the ornaments from the big tree.  I removed the lights on my owned and a third of the tree branches are in a box.  I am taking a break to blog and will return to take down the last of the branches.  It has been a good run for our Christmas decorations and now it is done. Actually in ten months we could start all over again.  My outdoor tree on the deck came down on the first of February and my neighbor John then didn't turn his house Christmas  lights anymore.  I smile to think he is watching me.  I do put that tree up for our enjoyment but I like to think John's two boys can look up and see the tree every night. Apparently John too is seeing it. 

Thanks for stopping in today.

No comments: