Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tuesday's Things.....


 

I brought my burro and cart up from the basement.  It is an old planter. I remember it sitting on the kitchen table on a big crochet doily. It was in the 1950s and the table was a formica topped table. As a young boy it seemed pretty wonderful. It is over 70 years old now and the burro keeps on pulling the cart very well. 

 


 I received a new bird feeder for Christmas from  my wife. It has taken me a while to figure out the tech part of the camera but I did get it figured out. The camera turns on when it detects motion, that includes me when I am filling the feeder. It is going to be fun. When I get the rest of it figured out I will share a video of a bird at the feeder.  I am working on converting their movie to play on my computer. 



My birdhouse decorates my nook in the plant stand. It is one of my favorites that I made during covid lock down in the winter time.  The plant amazes me as I bought it as a three of four leafed plant. It is a pepperomia plant.  I always have to look up the spelling of it.  I remember when the plant was sold as one to put into glassed in gardens back in the sixties. Terrariium is the name I had to search for also.  The plant has grown abundantly in that big pot. I really never dreamed that it could be a plant that would like that.  I have a hard time keeping it watered. 


I had an appointment this morning for a hearing aid check-up and then I went for some groceries afterwards. I found coffee pods in a large box that cost only thirty two cents a piece.  That was a good deal considering how more expensive that they are in smaller boxes.  I can use up a hundred of them in a couple of months as I do make coffee in my big maker each morning. I use two a day with an afternoon coffee and an evening coffee. The math then means I have fifty days worth of pods. 

Thanks for stopping by today.



1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I love the burro planter. I used to have donkeys. They were so personable.

I still use ground coffee. I see that the pods are more popular but can't convince myself to change what we do.

:)