Sunday, February 4, 2024

Sunless Day....


  The indoor garden is doing well.  I need to high grade some of my plants and take out some that are just tired from being in their pots. I have windows downstairs where I can move things that are less healthy. 



As a kid I found pine cones magical. Southern Iowa did not have many pine trees at the time. We had nothing on the farm that put out cones. The cedar trees that grew like weeds didn't do pine cones. I loved traveling to Colorado as a kid and picking up pine cones. My parents traveled a lot after I left home and my mom had collections of very large ones from their travels.  This new wreath is one of my favorites as it has these pine cones. 

Our last tree is down and we now have a large open space back in our sun room.  My wife's village will be next to be deassembled.  I usually bring up a few boxes each day and take it down gradually. It makes it more pleasant to take it easy.  We are home now from church and eating out a meal.  We will take it easy for the rest of the day. Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Sounds like a good day for resting.

We have pine trees that drop those very same pinecones that you have pictured.
:)