Thursday, February 15, 2024

Thursday's Sharing.....


 Random acts of design applications results in a birdhouse like this.  Its not arts and crafts but it is overly decorated just because I wanted to fill every space. The heads of the nails add to the crafty creation. 



My tulip painting reminds of spring. My new neighbors to the south will enjoy seeing the some fifty plus tulips that are now planted in the strip garden next to their driveway. I like the Rembrandt tulips but this year I added to that grouping of a few plain color ones.  I don't remember what the colors really are but I do know that I blogged the package last fall. If I add a few each year then I have a larger show.


My wife's painting also reminds me of spring as the iris season starts. I planted four new varieties that were shared with me from the neighbors who moved away.  They took samples of their great collection and dug four extras for me.  One of them will be pink which I have never had and also an all yellow.  I don't remember the other two but their blooming will give me a good idea what they were.  The new neighbors from Denver will be pleased when they see the established garden of iris on their hill that the purchased with their house. 



I got a pop up valentine form my wife this year.  It is on the theme of Lady and the Tramp. The two are eating spaghetti together with an Italian man singing a song to them, they call it Bella Notte.  We did eat at Olive Garden last night and my wife got spaghetti with here chicken parmigiana.  I could eat steak and ate half of my alfredo noodles.  Pasta and bread sticks are bad for my blood numbers but I did eat thinks in moderation.  It was fun to set out among the huge crowd and watch the food come flying out of the kitten continually.

We have a sunny day today but the clear sky gives us cold temperatures.  We were at 26° F. this morning and it is going to be a slow time warming up for sure.  We take what we can get with the weather.  Thanks for stopping in today.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Happy Valentine's Day.
Sounds like it was a nice one except for the cold.