Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Today's Clouds......


 

I don't know anything about cloud identifications. I do know that our weather is causing these formations.  We are in the middle of being above temperatures to dropping to normal cold temperatures. We will drop fast tonight and tomorrow will be cold.  The southern wind of course was very warm and we made it up to 74°F. and we only dropped to 46°F in the night.  I refused to turn on the air to cool the house down for sleeping but I should have.  It took most of the night to get the house cooled down to 70°F. inside..

 


 The warmer weather has caused my tulips to grow taller. These are the brand new bulbs I put it last late summer. 


Daffodils are also up already pushing some of the leaves away.  I usually don't clear off the leaves this time of the year and will just have to be more careful to get them off the beds with full blown foliage. 



Yesterday's evidence of rose bush trimming is in this bucket. I had about five buckets full in total with the front yard roses included.  The weather was strange and I had lots of roses still blooming on them late so I trimmed the dead flowers off already late fall. I have four that I didn't work on and I don't think I will have to deal with them.



I notice yesterday that the pussy willow branches have developed already.  I clipped some this morning and potted them already. 


Some blogger friends were wondering why I have such long stairs.  The front yard and the back yard are a full story difference in height. The fifteen steps to the deck are needed while the inside basement stairs are only twelve in number. I can't figure out the side outside stairs as they are a little deeper than the others. I think the wood stairs have eleven steps. I do think I live in a two story house even though from the front it is a one story ranch. 


My wildlife camera is intended for birds.  My phone is connected to it so my phone does put out a soft tone often all day.  It it catches any movement it turns on and captures things.  At first the grill tarp was blowing in the wind and I had to tie it down so the camera wasn't video taping it. I had to move a wind chimes over and out of the range of the camera.  I am really having fun with it but still don't have all the apps installed that would help me with more features from the camera. 

Warm day, cold day and we are getting use to it a bit.  Tomorrow we will be chattering our teeth and stay inside. Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Very interesting clouds! And a nice house too.

Val Ewing said...

That is a neat house and yard! It looks amazing!

I was wondering myself if any pussy willows were starting to but around here.
Yesterday morning I saw 15 Tundra Swans flying overhead and saw some Robins!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have Spring popping up all over!