Thursday, February 22, 2024

Toy Cupboard of Old.....


 My collection of old toys include my farm animals. I was a farm boy and I got a barn and animals for a Christmas present in 1954.  I played farm by making pens for my animals and driving my tractor around in and through my barn  My car collection isn't 70 years old like my farm animals are but it was an ongoing collection from twenty years or more ago.  My wife would buy me one each Christmas and I would pick up a few, like the Cadillacs from car shops. 


 Many of them have been lost through the years. I had brown cows and baby calves.  I had brown horses and hens and tiny little chicks. I do remember a pig or two was in the collection.  With flimsy cardboard boxes and many grandchildren dumping them out on the floor I am sure they just go lost and tossed. 



I have three of these cactus and one seems to be in bud and bloom whenever in the season. This one surprised be and I brought it upstairs after seeing all the blooms in my downstairs collection.  I keep some plants downstairs in a bunch that are reviving or are dormant. 

 


 I did get my large tank set up again today.  The angel fish are adjusting to all the space again as they find places to pause.  They were in a small tank with guppies and I see they were chewing on their tailfins.  The tailfins will grow back now they are back into open areas. 

 The photo is out of sequence but this was a snap I toke to share with my brother to show I was working. Water is fresh and Inow have put all the plants and sunken ships back into the water. 

We are having another warm day today. I hear that a cold spell from hell will be coming soon, talking -4°F. but for now we are expecting to be at 62°F. by the afternoon.  Everchanging temps is getting to be normal.  Thanks for checking in today.





1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

We don't need weather to fluctuate so much!

However, I see you have been doing a lot of work!!!
Love the toys!