Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Aftternoon Delight......


The cupola looks lonely as the flowers have been removed. The red twig dogwoods are looking sick in the background.

The most photographed rose by me is now in the ground.  I planted it a little high from the ground as I need to but  I will put a two by six board box frame around it and fill it in with more dirt. The cold wind has not really hurt it yet but one good frost will know all the leaves off of it. I actually getting tired of setting the potted rose back upright for the past full week. The wind just kept blowing it on its side.
I bundled up for the cold and forced myself to work on the other edging of my pavers. It was too cold but I just gutted it out. I had brought down some more brick from the old place so I did have enough bricks to finish the east side.

It isn't a very pretty sight but I call it my temporary fix. I wanted it to be put down before winter and I will keep filling in the cracks with sand as often as I can.  I could wash some of the sand in but it was too cold to mess with a garden hose today.

If it ever warms up before the snow I will go back and pull a few side bricks and level them better. The leftover bricks will not stay there but it look like a good idea to support the board until things settle in good. I actually don't know how I am going to finish that all off.  I may back soil up against it and have it slop out to the yard.


Our young family to the west of us planted this last year.  In a few years it will be a very tall impressive specimen. Every year we will have more to enjoy. We have three neighbors next to us that don't have a single tree planted in the yards.

Thanks for checking in on me today. 

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Love your new header photo!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your patio is looking good. Hope the roses gets a few nice days to set some roots! :) Cold here windy and rainy :(