Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Wednesday's Wanderings......


The mums are crowding out the hosta.  It makes a great arrangement. I did trim the mums in July and they are coming back thicker.



The knock out roses are looking good but there are a lot less blooms this fall. The rains did keep them going longer this summer.

I did not know that the varigated dogwood also has the red twig branches.  They turned red sooner than the big ones that I have in the backyard. I mowed at the old place today.  It was shaggy but not very thick.  I can roll through the mowing faster and actually have to almost rush to keep up with the self-propelled mower. Leaves are not falling up there yet and I am glad. I usually mulch them with the mower.  That will take more trips to the place more often to get that done.

The circle area where the sidewalks wind around the garage now has a full batch of mums filling in the area.  Other plants are there but the mum fills in on top of it all.
I never did get together with my older brother, Ron, this past week.  He and his wife were up in Osceola, Iowa, helping family empty a large farmhouse of all items so the house could be put up for sale. I called them again yesterday and they were on their last day. They were ready to go home today.  I guess we can get together in another lifetime. Ron's birthday is today and he will get a phone call this evening.  They are headed home to Mesa, Arizona.



I may have shared this photo earlier. There are a couple monarchs still hanging around.  It will be getting cold the next few days and snow may be falling from the sky while they exit farther south.

I am adjusting to the new hearing aids.  It will take a while.  My wife and I read through the directions a couple of times and I now have them under control with my cell phone.  The little buttons really are too small for one to use while wearing them.  I can also take a phone call from the cell phone that will be broadcast to my devices. I am hearing things in my life that I have not heard in years. The tv doesn't have to be so loud now either.

Rain is on our way again tomorrow.  I am checking weather maps and I think my blogger friends in the deep south have been getting some much needed moisture. I hope I am right about that. Everyone  have a good rest of the day.  I hope all of you are well.

2 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Too bad that you missed connecting with your brother and hopefully another time will work out for you both. Congrats on the new hearing aids helping you to hear things. A neighbor also has a new pair and he too can adjust the colume using his cell phone. Technology has indeed come a long way!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hearing aids...I hear the ones that connect with your phone are great...hope you like them:)