Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wednesday's Wanderings......


A new and different monarch is hanging around in the backyard. The one with beat up wings has moved on now. I see photographs of the migrations of monarch elsewhere in Iowa. They do fly in covering bushes or trees as the rest and eat before heading to Mexico.


The photo I could share of the patio project is a muddy view of what I am doing. I have only eight pavers to put down now.  I had prepared a place for three to be put down yesterday and then I got too busy to do so.  Maybe today I can get those three down this afternoon. I have run out of supplies to finish the job so it will be a trip to the hardware for more dirt and paver limestone.

This little hosta with narrow leaves did bloom.  I bet it didn't bloom when it was under the original deck stairs that were in the area. I bet it is glad to be out into the daylight.

It is another gray morning and I don't know if we will see sun today.  I appreciate your stopping by today.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

That is one beautiful butterfly, perfect in every way.
Our Hosta plants didn't bloom at all this year, I think it was just too hot.
Hope you have a wonderful week Larry !
~Jo

The Furry Gnome said...

The Monarchs now seem to have left us behind.