Thursday, October 17, 2019

Second T-day.....


The one last petunia is a tough one. All the other plants have frosted and are gone. I bet this one will be gone this morning. The bed is cleared now of all zinnias and petunias.

The tomato plot is now cleared also. If I get the strength up I will try to get a mulch product put on top of it. It seems like a long time before we get to spring. The chive is doing well and I noticed a new sprig of it has started growing next to it.

One marigold did survive the frosts.  I was surprised as to how quickly that the marigolds died back over night. This one must have been in a protected area. I line the tomato patch with these and it does make things look a lot better.  I don't plant to the edge anyway with tomatoes.

I did get the glad separated from the foliage yesterday. I still need to box them but that is done getting them out of the ground. I have a truck full of yard waste now and I think I will take it to the old place for burning. I am thinking that I will mow today when it is warmer in the afternoon. Right now we are about four degrees away from freezing.  It has been a busy week and it is only Thursday.  I hope all is well with everyone out there. Thanks for stopping by today.





1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like you had a harder frost than we did. Sunny here today but cool, more leaves are falling:)