Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Harvest Complete....


With this last minute picking done I have to keep sorting and checking to see if a tomato is going bad among the good ones. I found about five more tomatoes as I was tearing apart the vines.

I was inspired to clear up the patch yesterday morning and this morning all of the stems and marigold plants have been put into the back of the Tundra truck.  I can now do a little more refinement on the bed when it warms up. I may just buy a couple of bags of mulch to put on top of it.

The zinnia patch is a lot more messy with all the stems being piled right here. Also this is all gone now with the trash being put in the truck.  I also got the glad bulbs cut away from their leaves so I can put the bulbs into storage in the shop. This bed is a new one that  I put in during the spring and I do think I need to get about six more bags of soil dumped in it to make it look more like a raised bed.

This is another view of the vase of phlox that I salvaged from outside. They didn't seem to be bothered by the cold wind. I know that the phlox will come up next spring thicker and stronger. I have three varieties in the one side with one of them being the old fashion one from my old place's garden.

Walmart had four of these and they were marked down to a very low price. I suppose they needed to get them out of the store as Christmas things were invading the greenhouse area. I don't know where I will put it but I know it will go into the back yard. The neighbor has two of them next to the lot line so I will plant this away from that side of the property. This may go on the other side of the new deck stairs to balance the yellow one on the north side. I was happy to get it and I know it won't hurt it to plant it now. The roots are already in soil. Digging the hole will be the worse thing of this whole story.

Thanks for stopping by at my blog today.  I wish you all to be well.

4 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks you got a good deal on those roses, Larry, and will look forward to seeing them bloom next year as well in the new location. Do you plan to do fried green tomatoes with some of that tomato harvest? We tried them in VA but were not big fans.

Rose said...

I really need to work on some of my flowers beds...but not sure it is going to get done.

Rose said...

ps...do you ever eat fried green tomatoes? That is the first thing when I saw these.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh that rose was a good buy! Love the Red ones! :)