Saturday, October 12, 2019

Weekend Freeze....


We did get our hard freeze last night but I don't think it lasted for very long. I was forced to go out and pick the last of the zinnias and also the t omatores.


We are getting tired of tomates but we will have to wait for awhile to be able to eat these. I know bringing them into the house will ripen them.

I still had a lot of these even though they are not ripe. I will probably spread them out on a tray to help them ripen. I think I have some larger ones under this pile.


I ended up with two nice bouquet.  It was good that I cut them as this morning everything is now brown. I had a good set of blooms this year but i think my last years crop was better. This years had such a slow start in germination so there were not so many blooms.


We drove to the old place this morning to get the furnace turned on for the winter.  I will run it at a low heat but I hadn't done so yet because it was warm when I was up there on Wednesday. It was not so cold in the house but I did leave it at 51 degrees F. to keep the pipes from freezing.

The cold weather brought a crowd to the mall today where the bookstore is located.  We tried to do some walking there and it was filled with a lot of people who wanted in from the cold.  I hope all is well with you.  Thanks for checking in today.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So you are mall walkers in the cold weather? That's a lot of tomatoes, I hope they ripen well and taste good.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice bouquets! :)

Rose said...

I love the bouquets, and love that dark vase!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Had to say goodbye to the tomatoes yesterday. The frost killed the last three remaining plants. Most of the green tomatoes had bug damage and they were not tasting as good as before anyway. It's all good, we were pretty tired of tomatoes... as what always happens this time of year. Too bad for such a short/late season this year. I had high hopes for tomato sandwiches and BLTs. Maybe next year.