Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Tuesday's Things.....


The neighor's tree is getting brighter with fall colors. Most of our trees really have not turned yet but some of the smaller crab apple trees are the first to change.


I was prompted to go outside in the cold last night after viewing others shots of the moon on Facebook. I just had to go down the steps and turn left to see it up there in a clear sky. It was cold and the best shot that I took was this one with a chopped off top. Some were saying it wasn't a full moon but it sure looks like it to me.  We call them harvest moons at this time of the year as it does cast a lot of light on the earth this time of the year.

I am headed out for sand or limestone today to fill in the cracks of the pavers. I want to line the space to the right with some old bricks that I have collected from many places.  I don't know if I have the strength to do that today but I could start with a small number today. It is still cold and I just am not excited about doing any of it. My yard was fertilized yesterday by a lawn treatment service so I will just wait a few more days to mow the yard.

The sedum is darker red now but I don't have a photo. I planted this last year and it did come back tall and strong.  The older plant is a pale pink one and can be seen at the bottom right of the photo. It seems to be a different variety that is shorter.

The next two days are going to be a little bit warmer and no rain is predicted. I need to get some yard work done at both places but I should get it done in the next two weeks. I am going to be able to burn this year at the old place as they normal dumping place is having construction work done in the area. We can take it to the dump where they burn it so we burn it on our own properties.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope all is well with all my blogger people.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You should have great Fall color soon! Our color was about 20 days later than usual. I think you have two different kinds of sedum:) Your patio is looking good:)

Rose said...

We are finally starting to get some color...I was so afraid the leaves were all going to fall before they turned.