Thursday, October 3, 2019

Closer to Finish....


An experimental layout of these pavers helped me to decide to make a checkerboard pattern out of this project.


If I dress up for cold weather I should be able to finish this today.  I have only five more to place in the rows.  I need to buy more dirt and limestone trailings to get the job done.  I am thinking that I should add one more row beyond this  but maybe next year I can add three more rows. I know there are edging solutions to chose.

The water angel keeps me company as I work out there. I have to get the oil changed in the truck today and stop at ACE hardware for vital supplies.

The oil change went smoothly.  I was glad to get that done. The whole process is so easy any more and one doesn't have to leave the vehicle. I did get offered a coffee while I wait but the guy forgot to do that.  He was young enough that I am sure he didn't drink coffee. I don't drive the truck very much but it was time to change it out.

The deck above my new patio area does drip water down as I work.  I had a parka with a hood on to keep from getting drops on my head.  Today is is very cold and I will need to wear things for warmth. I don't think the soil has ever dried out since I started the project.  No rains today is a very welcomed thing.



The small rose is having to compete with the morning glory leaves.  I know a good freeze will stop the vines quickly.  Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

It has turned real cool here, we will freeze soon too:)