Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday's Weather.......


It was 37 degrees F. this morning and tomorrow it will be frost on the pumkin for sure.  We are cold but sometime today I have to go out and pick the last of the tomatoes.


 As a kid, I would see dozens of these at a time drinking from water puddles. They don't seem to be so plentiful any more.

If it were not so cold, I could start taking down the zinnias. I hope I am right that we will have some warm days yet in October. I really will need to work fast when it does warm up.  Tomato vines are not so hard to do but zinnias are harder to get rid of.  I did get a notice yesterday that I can burn in the daytime on certain dates.  That will help me in getting rid of yard waste.
My yellow pear tomatoes plants did get a lot of them ripened before the frost.  I will just have to go pick them all ripe or not ripe and bring them in today.  It was two volunteer vines in the one flower bed and I am glad it keeps coming back each year.

My body is not ready for cold weather. It is said that we have to adjust to it for a couple of days and then our bodies won't react so much. Our neighbors have the right idea as they just left for Arizona.

I had a lot of plans for projects today but I don't think that it will happen now. Our fall has hit quickly and predicted snow fall tomorrow. I hope all my blogger friends have received the rain that they needed.  I have been watching the radar for them and I think it must be raining somewhere around in Tennessee and Georgia.  Thanks to all for checking in today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I like those pear tomatoes! Enjoy them! Yes cold and snowy here...Fall is gone for now. Those little Butterflies are very easy to spot up here...it was one of the few butterflies that we appreciated last summer:)

Rose said...

I so would love to have some home grown tomatoes...I meant to try a few this year. The last year we had tomatoes, I am not exaggerating when I say we had 20 plants and I did not get one decent tomato. I think several things were wrong with them. We had raised them in the same spot for probably over 20 years and thought we would try about the only other spot available. And it did not work out!