Thursday, October 24, 2019

Down on the Corner.....


I zoomed in to the tree at the bottom of our hill. I could not see that I was capturing the light pole too. That tee is one of our best in the neighborhood.

Sitting in my chair in the living room I can zoom in on the mourning dove feeding on cracked corn. It really could not see me but it did have a sense that someone was there.  The indoor plant adds to the photo as if I am peeking through the jungle leaves.

The neighbor's clump birch gives a good show of changing leaf colors.  It makes me think of my birch tree at the old place but that one had Japanese beetles chew up all of its leaves. They also took out one of my apple trees leaves.

It is coincidental that we happen to buy a house across the street with the birch trees. It made it easier to leave my big tree.

I had such a busy day that the blogging is at ten o'clock at night. It is tough to get all the things done necessary to be ready for winter. We have a snow flake symbol on our Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. 

Thanks for stopping by.........

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is one pretty tree! I will guess it is some kind of Maple??

Laurel Wood said...

I always loved birch trees too. I'm glad you still have the opportunity to view one. We planted a small magnolia here to block the view of the neighbors driveway. Hoping it will grow fast!