Thursday, February 27, 2020

Time Goes By.....Good Days and Bad.


As the snow remains at the bottom of the stairs, I do know that there will be a time when it will be too hot to stand outside to look down those stairs.


I know the tree ornaments and the geese are stored away for another Christmas, but I did have to throw away this Charlie Brown mug. The handle broke off and the mug was tossed. Charlie was reminding me to unravel and unwind my kite string as I drank my coffee.



I haven't lost any marbles but some days I do wonder why my mind isn't so sharp anymore.  The glass dish and lid are old pieces and the marbles each only know their own histories.


As time has passed by I am still in marvel of life and its happenings. We spent a lot of time this morninging helping  my wife's friend through her doctor's appointments.  She is having a lot of physical problems and we are younger enough to be able to help her. A doctor's office is not a good place to visit these days and some workers are wearing their masks. They do ask if you have been traveling the past few months.  They did not ask her friends if they had been traveling.

We lost our long time neighbor this morning as cancer took her life. I was a teacher of all of her kids in school and her now grown families are in mourning. I knew of her late husband and late son as we lived around each other for over 35 years. Judy had been sick for her last years so it was not a surprise to hear of her passing. She visited us at our new home about a year ago and sat aen petted Barney with great love. Both of them are now just good memories.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I'm definitely not as sharp as I used to be, no wondering about it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sorry to hear of your friends death. Life goes on but it is hard to lose friends. What a good memory og her petting Barney. Hope you are both feeling a bit better.

Rose said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend...she will live on in your memory. I think of my neighbor so often...still miss her after all these years. I would be out mowing the yard and look up and there she would be holding out an ice cold Coke for me.