Friday, July 29, 2022

Abandon Nest.....


 I took this photo yesterday of the mother robin standing watch over the one last chick.  The two older ones left the nest sometime the past two days before.  

 


This morning the nest was not up on the post anymore.  I was surprised but figure the last chick sort of fell out of the nest knocking it to the ground.  The three are now out there in the  wild world of nature.  I really never knew before that the robins line the nest with a mud plaster.   I could imagine that last chick with its wings flapping leaning out on the edge of the nest.  I could see it falling with the nest onto the patio. 



They picked good days to leave the nest as we are not having any bad weather.  We are warming up to hot temps again and yes we still need rain. 



The dinner plate hibiscus is in full bloom right now.  There were lots of buds and I am sure it will bloom through another week or so.  The color of it is subtle and pastel.  I don't think it is as impressive as some of the white ones. 



I worked outside this morning. I had to tweak my new trellis for the climbing rose.  I had to trim back a vine that was growing into our heat/cool machine.  It grows up and into the vents making things a mess.  I watered the tomatoes and sunflowers this morning with my soaker hose and carried water to other plants that needed moisture.  I have removed my bird feeder for remodeling and refurbishing.  I don't know what will change but it needs to be slim lined and made to fit better on the metal railing. 

It is Friday.  Thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty Hibiscus!!

Val Ewing said...

Wow, this week we had over 3 inches of rain. I guess I should have sent some to you!
Have a great weekend!