Friday, July 8, 2022

Friday Spheres....


 My grnadmother's glass bowl is still being used for Jello. The sugar free Jello has less ingredients as the artifical sugar isn't as bulky as the sugar that is in it. 


Hot water dissolves the Jello quickly and the cold water mixes in to make it a clear product.  The design of the bowl is complimented by the color.



Yes, I took one more shot after I added the sugar free fruit.  It all settles to the middle.  My grandmother always added sliced bananas after it had cooled down a bit.  That was sixty five years ago when I saw her Jello dessert at every family get together in this bowl. 



A half of a moon was out there last night.  The humidity was high and the haze did look like clouds but the camera shot through it. 

It has been a busy morning and we now can take it easy this afternoon.  I should have mowed the yard but we had errands to run and birthday card deadlines to meet.  It is too hot now for any mowing to happen.  Maybe tomorrow I can do some yard work.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I still like bananas and jello but I slice them on top of individual servings as I don't like them turning black. That is a very pretty bowl:)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

My grandmother made a lot of jello, too! It was a great treat to all of us children. I still like it.

Val Ewing said...

I recall eating jello with fruit in it that my grandmother made. I recall she used to make a lot of orange jello with shredded carrots in it.
We ate it even if we didn't like it because it was expected.

Great memories. Love that bowl too!