Friday, July 22, 2022

Friday's Finds.....


 There was a rain overnight and the sun struggles to be seen as the clouds remain.  The sun does dominate and win right after this shot was taken. 


Looking out this morning and the humid haze is there after the rain. It will be a very hot day again today and humidity will be high too.  The orchid has been a long lasting one as I continue to learn how to take care of it. 



This is the very first zinnia to bloom.  The plants really did take off the past few weeks leafing out and budding.  You will see many shots of this set of flowers for sure.



The sunflower is growing by leaps and bounds.  The two smaller ones will catch up with the big one and I will have a forest of them in a few weeks. My tomatoes are tall this year.



I started to tackle the mess on one corner of this cottage garden.  I got the spade out yesterday and dug out a crowded field lily which didn't bloom this year.  I also dug out an invasive chive plant that was crowding out a Japanese iris, a day lily, and an iris.  I don''t think I was doing very well when I planted all those things all in one corner.  I guess I must have kept adding things while everything was small.  I am encouraging the Japanese iris with fresh black soil placed into the hole where the chive was.  The chive has not been replanted and is laying on the patio right now awaiting its fate. 

It is Friday and the week passed by quickly.  I think I will revisit the cottage garden again this morning and rethink my planting of the field lily.  Invasive plants are great unless they take over the entire area.  Thanks for checking in today...aaaah  tomorrow!

No comments: