Sunday, July 17, 2022

Partly Cloudy......Sunday.


 I think they are hatching as she sits higher in the nest.  I am trying to check each day to see them being fed. 



I have one good sunflower growing. It was planted late in the season but it will bloom. I have two other plants below that will do well.



The two back plants are also sunflowers.  The front ones are zinnias. The sunflowers seem smaller but they will soon tower over those zinnia plants. 



A corn plant is growing in the yard.  I am saving it as it is Iowa in which we live. The birds must have scattered the seed.  It must have picked it up then decided that they couldn't break into it to eat it.



I bought some guppies.  I keep wanting them to reproduce but I have to have great water quality for them.  I had a new one, live birth, a couple of weeks ago.  In the past few days I had live births of nine or more.  The adults sometimes eat them but if I can keep them alive for a week or so they can't swallow them.  I try to keep the adults well fed so they won't be hungry. They look like a bunch of knats so I really can't count them.  I got up to nine the other day but they do seem to hide out in the greenery.

It is another hot and muggy day.  I watered the tomatoes again today with my new soaker hose.  The problem with soaker hoses is that you have to remember to shut off the water or you could end up watering for half a day instead of an hour. 

Thanks for checking in.......

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have a couple volunteer Sunflowers but they don't look good like yours! Mine are in the shade and are spindly looking!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Just had a recall, I think a friend raised guppies and floated some kind of small net at the top of the tank so they could get larger:)