Sunday, July 24, 2022

Sun.....


 After all that care and concern for the zinnias, I now have my first blooms.  Soon there will be so many and they won't be so special anymore. Yes it is a blurry foreground but the little ones in the back are in focus.


I try to keep the labels close by so that I don't have to remember the variety.  For years we just ate what ever tomato was read but now we can know what we are eating.  


In the middle of the patch is the rapidly growing sunflower.  I see there will be a bloom soon that should become quite large as the stem keeps growing in height. 



When I am too lazy to cut off a piece of spout from a large section I create this obstacle course of elbows to send the water away from the side of the house.  I guess cutting the tubing with a hack saw seems like too much work and it would make a lot of noise too.


While clearing away the one corner of the cottage garden I found this bluish phlox.  It was almost crowded out but now it has its own wire protection barrier.  I need to move things away from it and it seems to be in a good location. 

It isn't so hot today but it is still hot.  We had rainstorms north of us but we didn't get much more than a sprinkle.  When it gets so hot usually Iowa develops destructive storms.  I really don't want that but I would like some more rain.  I will water everything tomorrow as most things look wilted.  So am I.

Thanks for checking in today.


2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

The worst of the storms missed us thankfully but we still got 2.5 inches of rain.
Too bad the rain missed you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice tomato!!