Sunday, July 10, 2022

Sunny Day, Day....


 


 Another lily is now in bloom.  They are not true tiger lilies but the sure have the markings of a tiger lily.  The wheels in the back I guess are not just temporarily on display anymore.  I didn't know what to do with them so I just  put them there when we moved. The person that I was saving them for to give to him isn't able to want them anymore.



The white one is the late bloomer as all the rest of the blooms are getting greener. I don't know the variety name but they do sell them with neat names to identify them. 



The fledglings of our morning dove couple are showing up to eat free seed. The seed socks shed out seed onto the deck as the birds pull seeds through the mesh cloth.  They young ones were picking them up quickly like they were eating candy.  I don't know how many new birds that there are as they all do not come at the same time. 



My phlox is getting really tall and they are budded and starting to bloom.  They do spread quickly as I think I had only one stalk with roots of it when I moved it here.  The cottage garden was originally a vegetable garden when we bought the place. 



The sun shines through the daylilies as I photographed it. It is one of my favorite lily and it seems to be staying strong at that spot. It shows that I have many more buds yet to bloom. 

We are having a quiet Sunday today.  It is going to be hot today and we won't be getting out into it.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the yellow lilies...there are so many pretty blooms:)