Thursday, July 14, 2022

Thursday's Things....


 Wednesday evening was a beautiful one. The sunset over the hill must have been marvelous.  I don't know where I would drive to see it as the city is 70,000 strong and I don't know where I could find a clear sky.  I guess I could drive ten or twelve miles to the lake to see it. It would be gone by the time I got there.



I turned to look out the downstairs sliding glass door and there she was. The birds were squawking in awe and sending out warning sounds to the dog.  She looks tough and I think she actually was scared of me.  I surprised her as she was exploring the back yard. 



I walked out to talk to her but she wasn't in the mood. She kept barking and left up the hill. No collar on her but I but I bet she doesn't live too far away from us. My neighbor across the street could be the owner but he keeps his dogs outside in the back and we never see them.  I could see he wouldn't have a collar on his dog as he breaks lots of rules that the city has.  Not being born in this country he does things differently without concern. 

The zinnias are looking good all standing in their straight rows.  I really don't have to organize them so much as the spread out and become a mass of green. I guess its the old farm boy blood in me.  A blogger friend planted her zinnias earlier and they are blooming already. 



I have picked a couple of tomatoes off the vine.  Most of them are still in the green stage.  I put a soaker on them today and left the water running for a long while. We are hot and dry again. 


The pear tomatoes are set but I see something has caused some of them to be not on the vine anymore.

I did get overheated outside this morning.  I guess I should have started work earlier.  I am going to water more things tomorrow.   Thanks for stopping today.



1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Some of my zinnias are blooming and the others are not ready yet in another section of the yard.

Looks like your garden is doing great!