Monday, July 25, 2022

Monday, Monday.....


 Feeding the birds for her means feeding her newly hatched ones.  She is out looking for food all day checking the grass, trees and dirt in the garden areas. 



Only three are popping their heads up for food.  One still has some of its white fuzz on its head. I don't think they look very good at this stage.  I did see one stretch out its wing and it does have feathers all over it. They mature so quickly.

 

I watered everything this morning.  The tomatoes and sunflowers have a soaker hose.  I just need to always remember to shut that off.  I watered this morning the front yard flowers and then the zinnia patch area.  We are really dry and I tried to water enough to be sure it got down to the roots.  I shared yesterday that the tomato is of the Early Girl variety. 



My over wintered begonia is picking up and looking good again.  It puts out nice shiny leaves and the great color. 



I finally started on my trellis that I need for the Willaim Baffin climbing rose.  It actually will look more like a fence than a trellis but I did get all the parts cut today.  I will paint everything tomorrow white before I assemble it and install it against the south east corner of the house. The fence idea came from seeing people tie their canes to the trellis and the canes of this rose are strong.  It will be tricky to get the posts in the ground as the back of the house is on a decline.  My bottom post is 13 inches taller than the top post.  The horizontal boards will be leveled with the house siding and it won't take the slant that the hill has. 

Monday is a good time to restart from the past weeks of work.  I can't believe as to how nice the temps are today. We are 74° F. right now and it might rain a small amount.  I was hoping that watering things would cause us a good rain but that isn't going to happen.  Thanks for checking in today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have baby birds! now the parents will be busy! Nice weather up here hope you get some cool air!