Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Birds and Stuff......


 He arrived this morning to eat a few sunflower  seeds and then he left. I have not seen hiim again today. I did buy some more birdseed today and also safflower seeds. It seems to be too cold this afternoon to go out to the feeder. 


The sparrows are always willing to eat from my feeders. A junco or two will feed there too. With it so cold I would think more birds would be at the feeder. These are my morning birds. 


My wife's Jim Shore angel is one that I photograph every year. They are so well designed and the colors are so great on them.


The manger scene is done so well. I am not sure if the original piece was carved in wood but the resin version of it looks like it is carved wood when it isn't. 

 

The back side is consistent with the designs that are carved on the Jim Shore pieces. They are fun to collect and I buy my wife on every year or so. 


It is a day to get things done. This ornament has been broken for a year. I just forced myself to set down and use some Gorilla Glue on it. It is good as new.  We also did some Christmas cards this afternoon.  We are not getting many this year and I do understand why. We all have gifts ordered on the internet that won't get to people on time and gifts I have ordered for my wife will trickle in a few at a time. I can see that post offices are full of piled boxes that will be taking a long time to deliver. Thank you for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I enjoy your bird pictures. The Jim Shore angel is so lovely. So many intricate details.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the Jim Shore carvings! So beautiful! ")