Friday, December 11, 2020

Friday's Frolics


 I could not find the far nut craker on the right. After much searching I found him hiding behind some of my wife's dolls on the dresser.  He  was covered up with the skirts of two dolls. The largest guy seems to have lost his half of the mustache. I will be looking for that too.

 

A blurry shot of a glass blown ornament, a replica of the old ones we use to by at the hardware stores. The indent looks to be an exact copy of the original pattern. I bought on set of these and now don't see them for sale anymore. They break too easily as I have two different ones hanging on the tree with sections of them broken out.

Two firemen are relaxing with coffee while sitting on a bench.  The one fireman behind them is dashing away for a fire. They are people we have bought through the years that go with the houses.


It was an inexpensive creche that we bought a few years back. I have always liked it for all the detail that the company put into the piece. Stacks of straw are in the background along with a shelf holding more straw. Curtains on the windows and barrels and pottery are included. It has a European look to it with its colors. 

My visit to the heart doctor was a good one yesterday and I have no damage from the diabetes. The doctor was puzzled as to why I was there as I had a very good heart. My health history, which I explained to him, did clarify things and he is going to put a monitor on me for a month to be sure that there is not any hidden problems.  He was such a nice man and it made the visit less nerve wracking. 


We made a dash to the old place today, 7:30 am,  to open it up for workmen.  The are now finally going to replace the one window that was destroyed by the hurricane winds.  We are having another old original one replaced too for the sake of energy conservation.  I showed them how to turn down the thermostat and how to lock the door as we didn't want to go back up today with a snow storm looming. 

Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your Christmas decorating posts bring back memories of Mother. I remember one year finding a lost gem from one of the wise men! I hope you find the mustache! Your Nativity is beautiful. Thankful the workers are there to replace the broken window.. I am sorry to learn you are e petting snow. We have had two days near 65 degrees, which is unusual for this time of year.
Thankful you got a good report on your heart and that you liked the dr.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a beauty of a creche:) You got snow! It missed us:)