Friday, December 4, 2020

Friday's Here......


 It is time to sore the seed for next year. I have this one jar full and I will need to  find a couple more to finish the job. I have dried marigolds and one other kind of marigold flower dried now. I guess it is winter now as the seed has been brought in for a month or more. 



My front garden has been neglected but the sedum looks good still standing.  It will look good with snow piled around it. I can see some dianthus among it all that is still green.


One of my old fashioned iris is still green growing in the back yard. It is one of my cemetery iris and it is really hardy. 


I almost forgot to display these Christmas balls in the jars last year but they are upstairs up now this year. Some of them are shiny brites and others were made at the same time in the 1960s. 


I really like my patio but the memories that I had of the pain in my gut while I installed them are not so good. It took me two summers to install them and I could only lay two or three tile a day. Knowing the kind of surgery I had I now know what was hurting while I was doing the job.

I am moving slow today but I am doing good. I have more goals to get things done than energy to accomplish it. At least I do feel strong enough to make plans.  We are cold again today and we will be staying home today. I may have to take a walk out in the backyard to look at the same old things.  Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ah some Shiny Brites! Keep on getting rest and don't overdo!

Laurel Wood said...

How fun to collect the marigold seeds. I love seeing your Shiny Brite ornaments. The brick patio you created is beautiful. I am sorry you were so sick when you were working on that project, I pray that you improve and strengthen each day. It is rainy and cold here today also.