Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday's Things......


 I picked this up for the season. The prices have dropped on them already as I bet they are not moving out of the store so quickly. 


I enjoy the soldier as he has great facial expression. I think he looks like he is uncomfortable in his fancy coat. The beard is great with the guy holding his sword on his side..


I fought a hard battle this morning to trying to inflate a low tire. Having tried and tried, thinking something was wrong with the valve I just quit. I lost a pound of air while trying.  I went to another station on my way home and their air compressor was working. The first one was not working.  The machine made the compressor machine noise but nothing was going into the tire. I could hear the air going into the tire at the second location. 

Tomorrow I will return and work on the other three tires to bring them up to the correct numbers. When the weather is so cold  the tires report that they are underinflated. I take my hearing aids in for a check up and that location is close to the station. It is an early morning appointment so it will be cold. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

A beautiful and healthy poinsettia. The soldier is very colorful and festive! Sorry you have an early morning appt. I had to take John yesterday in the cold and rain...it was miserable weather. Best wishes with the tires.

KCD said...

We bought one of those small air compressors that run off of the car battery, or any other 12v DC source years ago and it sure makes keeping the tire pressures up to snuff easier. The days of free air at gas stations is pretty much over and for the price of a few trips running around trying to find one that works, you could have your own. Ours was less than $50.00 and has sure saved me a lot of time and effort over the years.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I had the dealership put Nitrogen in my tires it seems to work better than regular air...they check it when I go in for oil changes....or I can just stop by and they will adjust the tires for me. That is a pretty Poinsettia...the first one I have seen this year! I miss seeing them inside the stores:(