Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas Day....


 It is cold, really cold, and the birds are feeding. I will have to venture out in my winter coat and hat to put more in the tray.



My wife made me a mince meat pie. I am a diabetic and I really should not eat it but I can. One of my doctors said that for the trade off of a meal, I could eat a dessert. 


 This was my Christmas noon meal.  It was so wonderful to eat.  I tested my blood numbers two hours later and I didn't put myself in danger. I do have an early meal coming now with roast beef and fixings.  Protein is good for my diet but I will skip the potatoes so I could maybe have another thin slice of pie in the evening.  This particular mince meat was mostly raisins and apples but it was very sweet. 


I wish you all a very Merry Christmas day. We are at home together and all our kids will call to check in sometime today. Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Mince meat pie was mother’s favorite. It was only 32 here today and windy. I did drive the dog to the doggie park for a few minutes. The bomb blast in Nashville was near the business where my childhood friend works but of course she was here in GA this weekend visiting her parents who are in their mid nineties. God bless you in the upcoming new year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear you can have pie now and then! It warmed up here today! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Late Christmas wishes to you and yours, Larry, and that pie looked good and a nice gift from your wife. We also celebrated alone at home with calls, texts, and video visits with family. It was a wet rainy day in NH and now all the snow is gone.