Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Middle of the Week....


 He is a mystery as he is so small. He looks like one just from the nest but I am sure he left the nest quite a while ago. I think it is a sparrow.


We had two nights of warm weather so the six inches of snow and drifts are gone. That is the last of it.  Our temps are now dropping though as it is going to snow this evening. We will be below 32 degrees by one this afternoon. 


I ordered a set of shelves to use on our living room wall.  Thye finally delivered them yesterday.  I am not completely satisfied with them. The walnut finish is not a true color as the pine boards that they are made from is not prone to take on a stain.  I will live with them and  I don't want to send them back.  I could have built the same set of three shelves myself with fifteen dollars of pine boards. 

The photo is of Capernum, Israel. We visited there and saw the temple and village ruins of the city.  Jesus lived there.  It was his base home as he walked the length of Israel to preach. The view is of the Sea of Galilee looking southeast at the water. The promotion of the photo remarks that it would be the scene that Jesus would see when he was up in the morning in Capernum. 

 


 Buddies by the tree hold down the side of the bench. The tree is fun and reminds me of our kids and grand kids. I did get one more gift for my wife today in the mail.  One more to go.

Thanks for stopping by today. 

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

What a sweet little bird. I hate that you are having such cold weather. Your photo turned out beautifully from your trip. I hope you enjoy her shelves. Glad that you received another of Dellas gifts. Stay safe and warm
Glad

Rose said...

That little bird looks like it might be cold.

I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That does look like a baby bird. Looks like he still has some down. Merry Christmas to you and Della!