Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Middle of the Week....


 My wife found some things that would be substitutes for cookies.  If I cut on biscotti in half, I can have a taste filled cookie-like thing to go with my coffee.  She also found some Swedish cookies that I can eat one or maybe two to go with my coffee.  The coffee doesn't quite taste normal to me yet but I did finish a whole cup this morning for  breakfast. 


My corner of plants looks like this now.  I am glad I could make a shelf for the violets and everything else did fill in nicely. Three of the plants will return to the other window once the Christmas tree is taken down. I can't believe  how large that pepperonia plant became in the large pot. We use to use that in terraiums but they were restricted in the glass jars.


I was ill when I tried to put this together but now I can walk around outside and enjoy it. The rose that I transplanted below it still has green stems on it so it will climb up on it next summer.  William Baffin roses are tough even when the are abused. 


This one is still outside but it won't take long for me to bring it inside. I see I still have green vines growing around it. 


The nicest service man came to the back door and worked on my door. He worked on it for a while and when I checked on him he shook his head negatively. The door was off three fourth of an inch on one side and he could not shim it up because they had put glue under the door.  He drilled a new hole so the bolt lock would work and said he would immediately order me a new door. We can at least bolt it shut and I don't have to lean a chair under the knob. 

I have spent the last two days trying to get appointments for special doctors. It took two days to finally get through and I have now dates set up. The one doctor will meet with me over zoom a few days before Christmas.  I also succeeded getting through to a guy to clear snow from my driveway of snow this winter.  I was told he wasn't taking any more clients but when I told him I sat just north of one his other clients he consented to do my drive. Actually they parked in front of my yard last winter to do my neighbors drive.

I keep feeling better.  My face is not sagging anymore so I am looking better.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Thankful to read that you are feeling better. Glad Della has found something for you to enjoy with coffee. I believe that graham crackers are low in sugar if you like them. Your corner of flowers is beautiful. I enlarged the photo. Even the way you two have arranged the plants is artful. You both are very talented. John had a zoom with his dr today...she was running late, so we just sat and waited! Glad the door repairman was nice and also that you have someone to do snow removal. The guy I am trying to hire to get up our leaves is to come this weekend....we will see! Wishing you both a good night, we had our first freeZe last night.

The Furry Gnome said...

Keep on improving!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I was sorry to hear you've been ill. I must have missed the post where you shared. Glad you are feeling better. Your plant corner looks very nice and all of the plants so healthy. I don't do well with house plants. Have a lovely Christmas month ~ FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear you are feeling better! My father in law ate some ginger snap cookies that came in a box and he liked them.
Your plant area looks great!
Yeah for getting someone to move your snow...that is a big job.
Be safe!