Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thursday's Things....


 Wednesday evening we saw an interesting sunset.  It was almost too low for us the see where from where we live.

The birds gather waiting their turns to feed at my bird feeder. It is a little blurry but I do think that one of them is a house finch with that red head.

 

A blurry shot of my outdoor tree for this year.  I had the lights already strung on it and the Christmas balls are wired on permanently.  All I had to do was bring it up from the basement where it had been wrapped up in a bed sheet. I put it out on the deck so the neighbor hood could see it. The two houses to the back of us have young kids and I wanted them to see it when they look out their back windows. 


My Thanksgiving cactus is putting out some meager numbers of blooms this year. It is the light changes that makes it bloom and it may put more buds later. I am grateful to get some blooms. 

It is a pretty day today.  I drove my wife to the grocery store this morning and we are back now. I got to see the neighbor's dog this morning as we were out by the car.  She is a sweet cattle dog and she rush over to her owners disapproval.  Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Good Evening, I wonder if your stores are low on certain grocery items? The sunset and those birds are so pretty. How nice to have blooms on the cactus, I know the neighbor children are happy to see your tree at night. Our neighbors dog greets me as I come and go thru the day...always makes me smile.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your buds are looking good...nice to see a neighbor dog...he knows good people when he sees them! Your outside tree looks great! Very festive!