Saturday, December 26, 2020

random Shots......


 It is a day of using leftover photos that never got posted. Downstairs there is a shelf that catches some things worth displaying.  We haven't used a tea pot for a long time as we usually make it by the cup. 

 

My last years poinsettia is showing color.  I should have tossed it a long time ago but if a plant wants to grow I will keep it growing.  My older brother lives in California and I saw photos of his back patio. He buys things in plastic gallon pots and sets them everywhere on his patio. I  do stop myself from asking him why he doesn't put them in the ground. Lots of blooming pots of hibiscus all over the area and vines and spider plants in their pots on shelves. I am jealous that he has a koi pond with lots of fish in them.  He lives in the Yorba Linda area near Disneyland. 


We both his wooded piece in Jerusalem last year. It was actually near Bethlehem south of of Jerusalem. The whole place was filled with carvings of things made from olive wood. It was filled with items of every size and it was hard to choose just one.  The marketing strategy of the place was to hand us a basket when we walked in the door.  We did also buy a wooden replica of a menorah also.  I am assuming that there are lots of olive trees in Israel which do need to be cut because they have died. I am glad they don't cut them from the garden of Gethsemane.  


The lighting makes this look blurry but it is not. The merry-go-round is a highlight of the village. It plays Christmas music with a flip of a special switch.  It will be time to start the take down of things but we wait until after New Year;s day to even think about it.  Lots of boxes are involved and trips up and down the stairs. 

It is a quiet Saturday with a little bit of a warm up.  I bragged about eating mince meat pie yesterday but it was not good for me this morning when I did my numbers.  I will have to half the half the size of the piece today. I miss living a normal life but I do need to keep myself more healthy and safe. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your shelf display is very nice. Fun to see your poinsettia turn red. The carousel is a good centerpiece for your village.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a beauty of a carving! My Mom always used to plant out the Easter Lilies and a few summer they actually bloomed. Stay safe...eat carrots sticks and veggies!