Thursday, September 29, 2022

Cold and Clear....


 


 The sparrows get hungry enough that they will eat off of this kind of feeder.  Normally it is house finches that eat here along with chick a dees.  I did go out and dump some more birdseed in the adjacent feeder.



The cold air turns the purple morning glory into a redder flower.  Only happens in the fall as the days of their bloom time is getting close to frost destruction. 



The cooler temps also makes this into a deep blue color.  The close to frost temps did wilt the leaves of this vine but they did come back today looking alive and well. 



My very first Ebay purchase was this cup and saucer.  I really liked the painted decoration, decal, on the dish and cup.  It was not such a mistake but it is a lot smaller than I expected and I was so inexperienced at being online shop sites.  



I then also bid on this at the same time and paid way too much for it.  I have not bought anymore of them even though I noticed I could pick up the whole set for $800.   That isn't going to happen and I have never bought anything online sinc.  Greenwood Tree is the name of the pattern and it is made in England. 



I took the day off from power washing my house.  I can get back on it tomorrow.  I mowed the front yard this morning.  It is nice to have green grass again.  We are cold but it is warming up to 70° by this afternoon.  Fall weather isn't my favorite as I don't like the season that follows.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a pretty cup and saucer...you could have a tea party!! I don't like the season that comes after Fall either:(